CORPORATE MANAGEMENT AND FAMILY OFFICE ADVISORY FIRM
Steven Insalaco has over 30 years of Executive Business Management, Corporate Consulting and Family Office Advisory experience. He has provided financial and business management services to a broad range of private, Fortune and other public companies. Some of these companies include ExxonMobil, Penn Central Transportation, W.R. Grace and Company, Northrop Grumman and Griffon Corporation.
For both growth and troubled companies, he is a profit focused, problem solving and solution implementing, C-Suite management executive. His experience combines strategic financial, creative marketing and organizational leadership with investment (Capital Markets) knowledge and transaction (Corporate Finance) skills. Steven Insalaco applies his skills and experience to a company’s operating and financial structure to improved operating efficiencies that result in increased growth and valuations from improved revenue, lower costs or both. Within the management umbrella, he offers the following supportive management positions and functions that reflect how he utilizes and focuses his diverse corporate finance, investment, real estate, marketing, cost reduction and revenue growth experience to achieve specific business management objectives:
- Managed and improved the performance of a 3.5 billion dollar healthcare division. Served as a key member of a turnaround team for a mid-market leasing and finance company and provided operating business management services to an early stage manufacturing company.
- Developed and implemented marketing plans for different bank divisions focused on institutions, Family Offices, private high-net-worth client and prospective accounts. Generated income with existing and newly developed institutional fixed income bond clients in relation to transactions that improved term, yield or portfolio quality.
- Identified, structured and closed in excess of 50 diverse leasing, asset based and other structured finance transactions for both real and personal property utilizing senior debt and equity for private, Fortune 500 and other public companies.
- Advised and represented start up/early stage companies to venture capital/private equity, strategic investors and other equity capital sources. Provided initial due diligence services to the CEO of a company with $1.2 billion revenue in relation to a potential investment/acquisition target.
- Managed corporate and other real estate assets focused on operational and financial restructuring that incorporated both CMBS and Section 1031 Tax Deferred Exchange Transactions that maximized available re-investment of capital proceeds for alternative investments and acquisition funding.
Steven Insalaco advised both public and private companies, in various stages of growth, in relation to their capital, IT Corporate Solutions, e-commerce and m-commerce, now an integral part of the operating structure and provided operating business management and financial restructuring services to both corporate and other real estate assets. He also identified, structured and closed in excess of 50 transactions, utilizing both senior debt and equity capital resources that included leasing structures for Fortune 500 and other public and private companies of various sizes.
Additionally, he has held positions with three US (“Money Center”) Banks and two Investment banks. This includes Bank of America, Chemical Bank and Manufacturers Hanover Trust Corporation (J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.), Wood Gundy Corp (Canadian Imperial Bank for Commerce or CIBC), Merrill Lynch (Bank of America) and the City of New York.
Today, Steven Insalaco is President of Calgary Enterprises, Inc., a strategic corporate management and family office advisory company he independently formed in 1988. In 2016, Calgary and Leaf Capital Partners, a Private Single Family Office, combined their respective resources. Steven Insalaco serves as Managing Director and Board Member of the Family Investment Committee with Leaf Capital Partners and is responsible for Strategic Operating Business, Investment and Risk Management. 2017 new developments include Leaf-Asia as Managing Partner.
The combined structure and responsibilities enables Calgary to integrate strategic corporate advisory and ultra-high net worth family office services nationally and internationally. These services are focused on reduced beta, increased alpha and improving an organization’s operating business performance and valuation through the capital structure, reduced costs and increased revenues.
Education: Steve Insalaco holds a BA in Social Science/Economics and MBA in Financial Management.
Military Service: Served in US Army Intelligence (Army Security Agency) and was at the Strategic Studies Institute, Army War College. He held a Top Secret Security Clearance and was Honorably Discharged.
Andrew brings considerable experience in both corporate advisory (investment banking and private equity) and real estate, with a background around the U.S. and the world, across multiple asset classes, market cycles and situations as both principal and agent. He has operated, advised, or performed diligence on the capital raising, structuring or operations on over $4B worth of projects globally. He has advised, supported or operated a number of companies in multiple industries, whether on behalf of investors and families, as portfolio investments, or in preparation for a strategic shift, acquisition, capital raise or valuation event. He has been involved in every aspect of designing and implementing businesses, from inception to mid-course handoff / takeover to turnaround and generally assumes day to day responsibility for the business, planning and executing long-term strategy, and sourcing managing human and financial capital.
• Spent 10 years at Lehman Brothers, the first five in the Office of the Chairman to design and implement multiple global strategic initiatives directly with Lehman’s firm-wide functional and division heads. In the second five-year period, worked as Chief Administrative Officer of the traditional wrap fee asset management business, and co-led efforts to develop group strategy and multi-year implementation plans for 1,100+ people globally. As head of the multi-billion dollar Separately Managed Accounts business, quickly tripled assets under management and expanded the client base in every U.S. office
• Assumed role of COO on 6 weeks’ notice to lead transformative change for a multi-strategy proprietary trading firm Quad Capital on behalf of Goldman Sachs alumni; replaced C-level heads of most functions, designed and built out two new trading floors, redesigned firm compensation and product mix, started a new FINRA broker dealer, and trading volume grew to over $100B annually
• As CIO for GILfund, transformed legacy real estate involvement from crowdfunding platforms to focus on aggregating several thousand units of single-family housing. Worked to syndicate capital raise on over $1B in Asian projects
• Chief Investment Officer to company structured as a joint venture for a national distribution of dental services and orthodonture rollout to over 1,000 locations nationally
• As COO of CAMS Global, re-positioned company from consultant on large civil projects to principal/developer of limited service hospitality and single-family housing in Zambia and Tanzania. Projects have become several companies with over $200mm projects throughout Africa
• As Managing Director of CPEX Real Estate, helped found a commercial sales and advisory firm during a severe market downturn; created substantial infrastructure, valuation training and marketing while underwriting and marketing over $300mm of projects. CPEX has a $2.5B+ track record in sales and advisory work focusing on middle market NYC borough deals
• As CFO of San Silencio, served as one of three partners to design, entitle and develop a $300mm resort with Jumeirah, which subsequently won an AIA Award of Excellence for an unbuilt project
• Spent several years with management consulting firm Marakon Associates (now Charles River Associates), designing and implementing value-based management strategies for Dow Chemical, American Express, Sanofi, and Universal Studios
• On Board of Directors for confidential company that is creating a “Bloomberg Terminal” for residential real estate arbitrage; Spring 2019 over 3,000 residential offers were extended in a little over 1,000 hours
• Advisor to confidential company on the use of Indian defense offset credits and advised on its proposed joint venture for the rollout of flight simulators and training and maintenance programs as well as military firearms training simulations
Mr. Lester earned a BA in Economics from Yale University where he won an award for combined academic and extracurricular performance and subsequently a Masters in Real Estate Development from NYU where he earned a Dean’s Graduate Fellowship. He is based in New York City and enjoys sailing, running and skiing and spending time with his wife and 7 children. He has been an active resource to families impacted by autism since 2007 and has competed in a number of road races and triathlons.